Article 1 – Privacy statement
As a company, we pursue to process your personal data in a legitimate, correct and transparent way. In this document, we inform you on which personal data of you we process and what the objectives of processing these are.
Article 2 – Identification of the data controller
Within our company, all personal data is accessible only to the persons who have the right to do that because of their job package and where the access is explicitly required in order to execute their job package. For supplementary questions concerning identification you can always contact us through: GDPR@cosmo.be or the number +32 2 733 13 03.
Article 3 – Identification of the personal data
Various personal data are collected in a direct way. This includes, among other things standard identification data such as name, first name, function within a company and contact data such as phone number, fax number, e-mail address and about data for billing purposes like a bank account number.
Where appropriate these data are handed over by filling in documents, communicating them electronically or by phone or handing over business cards. It is assumed that there is explicit consent to store the personal data supplied.
Various personal data are collected indirectly as well. This includes, among others public data that are subject to publication obligation or data made public by the person concerned. Such publicly accessible personal data can, if necessary, be stored. Permission for this is assumed, given that these data were explicitly made public.
No special categories of personal data are stored without additional permission.
Cookies that we use: we only use technical and functional cookies. And analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. We can also optimize our website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
Article 4 – Accountability of the processing
In order to be able to provide certain services in a qualitative way, the company needs multiple personal data stated in article 3 in this document. Your data is used for the following purposes, depending on the situation:
- To be able to execute the closed contract in a correct way and to guarantee the provided service in the contract;
- To comply with legal requirements;
- In the context of risk management and quality control;
- In the context of customer relationship management;
- For the defense of our legitimate interest to undertake;
- In the context of direct marketing to be able to send information such as a newsletter or a publicity leaflet. At any time you can withdraw from this agreement.
Your personal data are not used in the context of automated decision-making without human intervention.
Article 5 – Transfer of personal data
The company commits itself not to transfer your personal data to third parties without your explicit consent. Besides notice by internal employees that are explicitly authorized to do so, third parties listed below can also take notice of the requested personal data:
- Social secretariat
- Accountancy Company
- Tax consultancy
- ICT service providers
Article 6 – Storage of personal data
Your personal data is stored as long as required to achieve goals as defined in article 4.
Personal data are in addition stored at least during the legally required periods, namely ten years after the last collaboration.
Article 7 – Rights of the person concerned
As the person involved, the following rights concerning your personal data are guaranteed to you by the company.
Every question regarding the execution of an individual right will be answered within a reasonable period and free of charge.
- The right of inspection – by exercising this right you can obtain both inspection and copy on which personal data of you we process.
- The right of correction – by exercising this right you can always correct or complete changes concerning your personal data. An adjustment follows at a simple request.
- The right to erasure – by exercising this right you can request the erasure of your personal data if there would be irregularities in the processing of your data.
- The right to restriction of the processing – by exercising this right you can ask the restriction of the processing of your data if any inaccuracies occur and there is a request for correction or you believe that an unlawfulness has occurred. This means that your personal data can only be processed with your consent. The mere storage of personal data is not affected by this, nor any processing in the context of legal proceedings, for the protection of natural or legal persons or for weighty reasons of general interest.
- The right of transferability – by exercising this right you can request us to return the data you supplied us with or to transfer the data to a third party in an accessible format. Such a right may be limited by the exercise of a specific proportionality exercise.
- The right to refuse automatic data processing – by exercising this right you can indicate that you do not wish your personal data to be part of fully automated data processing and processes without human intervention.
- The right to withdrawal of consent – by exercising this right you can withdraw an earlier consent. This stops every processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise one of the above-mentioned rights please contact us through the details specified in article 2.
In addition, one can file a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that your rights are not being complied with.